TK Transport is a wholly owned and operated subsidiary of Thermo King Western Inc. Our thriving and expanding team have served Edmonton and Western Canada since 1964. Our success is founded on the strength of our Team, our Expertise, and the quality of our products and service.
We are an inclusive, friendly and family-oriented team, passionate about the work we do. Through our commitment to company culture and first-class products, we will ensure that you remain engaged and growth oriented.
We are currently seeking a Refrigeration Technician to join our Transport team.
(Corporate Training and Apprenticeship Program)
The successful candidate for this position will be an important and valued contributor to our Team. Our customers will depend on your ongoing commitment to their service needs, and on your expertise and troubleshooting skills to keep their temperature control equipment operating reliably and efficiently. You will possess strong mechanical/electrical aptitude, a positive team-focused attitude and communication skills (verbal and written), and the ability to work independently while providing consistent high-quality detailed work.
The successful candidate for this position will always strive to achieve customer satisfaction.
As a Refrigeration Technician, you will provide outstanding service to customers by maintaining, trouble-shooting, repairing, and installing all Thermo King equipment and parts. To execute the highest level of service, you will use your expert trouble shooting skills, diagnostic tooling, manuals and schematics to maintain our customers’ uptime and profitability.
After completing the required probationary period and demonstrating an aptitude for the position, the successful applicant will be a candidate to enter the corporate training program, including the CertiTech, Professional and Master certifications.
This position is based in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Complete preventative maintenance requirements and multi-point inspections.
- Installation, start-up and commissioning of temperature control equipment.
- Complete diagnostic inspections, troubleshooting and repair of refrigeration transportation equipment.
- Effective communication with customers and coworkers, both verbal and written.
- Maintain good customer relations by identifying solutions and recommending system and procedural improvements.
- Serve as technical support for customers and Service Team while recommending parts and services to customers; working as an effective team member to secure customer approvals.
- Review technical manuals, wiring diagrams, drawings, websites and databases on an ongoing basis to assist with the diagnosis and repair of equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe shop environment and, when required, a service truck.
- Participate in rotational on-call shifts.
- Operate a company service vehicle for on-site customer repairs.
- Periodic travel to customer sites and occasional travel outside the Edmonton area.
- Accurately document service and installation activities by completing work orders for each job, maintenance checklists, and daily time sheets.
- Conduct safety hazard assessments for continuously changing working environments.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude are key qualifications for this position.
- High school diploma.
- Related technical training through the provincial apprenticeship program is preferred; however, we provide training for suitable candidates from basic apprenticeship level through to master level.
- Diligently practice Safe Working Habits and follow company Safety Program.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changeable environment, to work in hot/cold temperatures, and to work in noisy, dirty environments.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills and working proficiency with hand held devices (Smartphone, iPad).
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with a clean driving record. (Driver’s abstract required)
- Successful candidate must be able to pass a Criminal Record Check.
- Must be able to fly to locations across North America for training (when travel restrictions allow).
- Must be able and available to work in Alberta.
- A competitive remuneration package is being offered based on related experience, education, and aptitude (base salary, annual tool and boot allowance, overtime, and potential for banked time).
- Comprehensive benefits package includes paid vacation, extended medical and dental coverage, group life insurance, and a company-matched RRSP program.
WHY CHOOSE THERMO KING WESTERN
Our TK Transport Division is the one that started it all! Since 1964, we are the officially recognized dealer for Thermo King units and parts in Central and Northern Alberta. What sets Thermo King apart is a commitment to sustainability and efficiency, and tireless dedication of its people. Its products and services are recognized and utilized worldwide in many modern industries including food and grocery storage and transportation, temperature control solutions suitable for medical transportation (including plasma and vaccine supplies), and many more.
In addition, we are fully able and capable to service and support various other Temperature Control solutions.
At Thermo King Western, we believe in our people, services, and products. We combine a desire to always learn and grow with a commitment to ensuring our work is positive, productive and enjoyable. Our core values of Say Yes, Bring it on, We serve, Ownership, and Have fun guide everything we do.
As a team member, you will enjoy many benefits, including:
- Positive work-life balance.
- Opportunities for ongoing career training and development.
- A best-in-class compensation package that acknowledges your abilities and experience.
- Comprehensive benefits packages for you and your family.
- Dedicated leadership that is focused on continuous improvement.
We thank you in advance for your interest in the position; candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.